HR Tech Group offers annual Company Memberships for $495 which includes 1 or 2 human resources reps, $695 for 3-5 HR reps, or $895 per year for 6 or more HR reps. To join, a company must be in the BC tech sector, have at least 30 employees and a dedicated HR rep. In addition, companies are required to participate in and purchase the annual High Tech Salary Survey for $1,100 (a 50% savings from the non-member price!).
Benefits of Membership
BC Tech Salary Survey
- The leading BC Tech Salary Survey for more than 20 years with 95+ local BC tech companies participating, this survey is produced in partnership with Towers Watson. The survey questionnaire is completed in April/May by members, with results available at the end of August. Members rate is only $975 (50% savings from the retail price of $1950).
- More than 300 positions reported on (from CEO & executives to receptionist) in these sectors: IT, digital media, wireless, alternative energy and life sciences
- Click here to learn more about specific positions
BC Tech Benefits Survey & Buying Plan
- Free Tech Benefits Survey report every 2 years
- Participate in the tech industry benefits buying-plan with other members. By pooling our premiums together, we've managed to save tech companies money! Plans are unique to your organization in terms of experience ratios and plan design.
- Access valuable benefits consulting services provided by Morneau Shepell, our tech industry experts.
Tools & Resources
Stay current on hot topics in HR for tech companies:
- Mini-surveys - consult our databank of competitive employment practices in the BC tech industry (vacation, overtime, benefits, etc)
- Weekly newsletter with links to news, articles, best practices for HR in tech
- Events for HR practitioners in the tech industry (qualify for CHRP credits) - topics like "Building the HR Business Case"; "Presentation Skills"; "Talent Planning", "Design Thinking"; "Creating Thriving Teams", etc.
- Networking opportunities with other HR reps at tech companies
- Special Interest Groups - participate in smaller working groups with other HR reps from local companies (eg. Recruitment, HR Generalist, and Emerging Practitioner SIGs)
- Mentorship program - become a mentor and give back to your community, or be a mentee and learn from senior HR practitioners in tech
- Conference - Human Capital Symposium is a one-day conference on best employee practices for tech companies - held every other year - next one fall 2017!