BC Tech Salary Survey
HR Tech Group, in partnership with Mercer, releases the annual BC Tech Salary Survey in early September. For more than 20 years this Survey has been the definitive resource for the high tech sector in BC. While the survey is based in BC, the data is relevant for all Canadian high tech markets, with several national and international organizations participating.
- ICT / Clean Tech / Wireless - software system engineers, engineers, QA & Testing, multiple production jobs, hardware engineers, application development, product managers, web designer, software support, and more
- VFX & Animation / Digital Media - animators, visual effects (lighting, technical, etc); modelling, 2D/3D Concept artists, compositor, front end /UI Artists, game designers, producers, programmers, level designers, audio designers, art director and more
- Multiple jobs in Sales, Marketing & Communication, Finance, Human Resources, & Legal
- Data can be sorted and viewed by tech sector, size of business, annual revenue and number of employees
The September 2016 survey includes data on more than 15,900 incumbents, provided by 112 organizations.
Data collection for the September 2017 survey is underway. If you are a member, please click here for more information on how to complete your submission. If you would like to become a member, please visit our Benefits of Membership page to learn more about the Association, and complete an Application for Membership.
- Career Level job methodology spanning 25+ career levels across 6 Career Bands, including Executive benchmark positions.
- More than 300 Specialty Disciplines and Executive benchmarks within 38 Functions. Offers more than 1,500 possible job level combinations.
- Incumbent-weighted and company-weighted statistics for all cash compensation results.
- Comprehensive statistics, including upper and lower decile, quartile, median and average.
- Analyses by size and type of organization, and industry (ICT, VFX/Animation, digital media, clean tech and wireless)
- Details on short- and long-term incentive awards
Click here to purchase the full survey results for just $2,195 plus GST.
BC Tech Salary Survey for Startups
Looking for a smaller cut of our salary data for 10 key tech company positions? Featuring the same in-depth compensation information, but for just 10 roles, this survey is perfect for startups or those at smaller organizations. Packaged with the results from two recent HR Tech Groups mini-surveys (Vacation and Paid-time Off, & Overtime in Tech Companies), all for just $599!
The 10 roles included with the Startup package are:
- Software Developer - entry
- Software Developer - intermediate
- Software Developer - senior
- Web Developer - intermediate
- Tech Writer
- HR Generalist
- Inside Sales / Marketing
- Office Admin
- Systems Admin
Please email us us to order your copy of the BC Tech Salary Survey for Startups