HR Tech Group offers annual Company Memberships for $495 which includes 1 or 2 human resources reps, $695 for 3-5 HR reps, or $895 per year for 6 or more HR reps. Members must also participate in and purchase our Tech Salary Survey (see below).
In 2019/2020 HR Tech Group is offering Regional Member Rates for both annual membership and the 2019 Salary Survey (available to companies located outside Greater Vancouver, Fraser Valley and Sea to Sky Corridor). Click here for more information.
To join, a company must meet the following criteria:
- A company or division operating in Canada whose core business is the development and/or distribution of technology-based products or services (a tech sector company/division)
- Have a dedicated HR rep
- Have at least 30 employees
- Members are also required to participate in and purchase the annual Tech Salary Survey for $1,100 (a 50%+ savings from the non-participant / member price).
Benefits of Membership
BC Tech Salary Survey
- The leading BC Tech Salary Survey for more than 20 years with 120+ BC tech companies participating, this survey is produced in partnership with Mercer. The survey questionnaire is completed in May and June by members, with results available in early September. Participant rate is only $1,100 (54% savings from the retail price of $2,395).
- More than 190 positions reported on (from CEO & executives, tech positions, to admin and support) in these sectors: IT, digital media and gaming, visual FX / animation, wireless, alternative energy and life sciences.
- Click here to learn more about specific positions
BC Tech Benefits Buying Plan and Benefits Survey
- Free Tech Benefits Survey report every 2 years
- Participate in the tech industry benefits buying-plan with other members. By pooling our premiums together, member companies are saving significant amounts of money! Plans are unique to your organization in terms of experience ratios and plan design.
- Access valuable benefits consulting services provided by Morneau Shepell, our tech industry experts.
Tools & Resources
Stay current on hot topics in HR for tech companies:
- Mini-surveys - consult our databank of competitive employment practices in the BC tech industry (vacation, overtime, benefits, etc)
- Weekly newsletter with links to news, articles, best practices for HR in tech
- Events for HR practitioners in the tech industry (qualify for CPHR credits) - topics have included "Building the HR Business Case"; "Presentation Skills"; "Talent Planning", "Design Thinking"; "Creating Thriving Teams", etc.
- Networking opportunities with other HR professionals at tech companies
- Special Interest Groups - participate in smaller working groups with other HR professionals from local companies (e.g. Recruitment, HR Generalist, and Emerging Practitioner SIGs)
- HR Job Posting Board - Post your HR openings to our member only job board
- Mentorship program - become a mentor and give back to your community, or be a mentee and learn from senior HR practitioners in tech
- Conference - Tech Talent Conference is a one-day conference on best employee practices for tech companies - held every other year - the next one is on September 26, 2019! Members save on the conference fee.
NOTE: Our member companies are currently spread throughout BC, with the largest groupings being in the Greater Vancouver and Victoria areas. If your company is located outside BC, please contact us to discuss member benefits.