HR Tech Group offers annual Company Memberships for $495 which includes 1 or 2 human resources reps, $695 for 3-5 HR reps, or $895 per year for 6 or more HR reps. To join, a company must be in the BC tech sector, have at least 30 employees and a dedicated HR rep. In addition, companies are required to participate in and purchase the annual Tech Salary Survey for $1,100 (a 50% savings from the non-participant / member price).
Benefits of Membership
BC Tech Salary Survey
- The leading BC Tech Salary Survey for more than 20 years with 120+ BC tech companies participating, this survey is produced in partnership with Mercer. The survey questionnaire is completed in May and June by members, with results available in early September. Participant rate is only $1,100 (50% savings from the retail price of $2,195).
- More than 180 positions reported on (from CEO & executives, tech positions, to admin and support) in these sectors: IT, digital media and gaming, visual FX / animation, wireless, alternative energy and life sciences.
- Click here to learn more about specific positions
BC Tech Benefits Buying Plan and Benefits Survey
- Free Tech Benefits Survey report every 2 years
- Participate in the tech industry benefits buying-plan with other members. By pooling our premiums together, member companies are saving significant amounts of money! Plans are unique to your organization in terms of experience ratios and plan design.
- Access valuable benefits consulting services provided by Morneau Shepell, our tech industry experts.
Tools & Resources
Stay current on hot topics in HR for tech companies:
- Mini-surveys - consult our databank of competitive employment practices in the BC tech industry (vacation, overtime, benefits, etc)
- Weekly newsletter with links to news, articles, best practices for HR in tech
- Events for HR practitioners in the tech industry (qualify for CPHR credits) - topics have included "Building the HR Business Case"; "Presentation Skills"; "Talent Planning", "Design Thinking"; "Creating Thriving Teams", etc.
- Networking opportunities with other HR professionals at tech companies
- Special Interest Groups - participate in smaller working groups with other HR professionals from local companies (e.g. Recruitment, HR Generalist, and Emerging Practitioner SIGs)
- HR Job Posting Board - Post your HR openings to our member only job board
- Mentorship program - become a mentor and give back to your community, or be a mentee and learn from senior HR practitioners in tech
- Conference - Human Capital Symposium is a one-day conference on best employee practices for tech companies - held every other year - next one fall 2019! Members save on the conference fee.