What are the Benefits of Membership?
Access and participation in the Tech Salary Survey
- The leading Tech Salary Survey in BC for more than 20 years with 184 BC and Alberta technology companies participating. In 2020 the survey was expanded to include Alberta data.
- The survey is produced in partnership with Mercer and the survey questionnaire is completed in May and June by members, with results available in early September.
- Participant rates range from $795 - $995 CAN, which is a 58% - 67% savings from the retail price of $2,395 CAN.
- More than 200 positions are reported (from CEO to Cloud Ops Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, CFX Artist and Customer Success Manager) in the following tech subsectors: IT, digital media and gaming, visual FX / animation, wireless, alternative energy and life sciences.
Benefits Programs, Buying Plans and Benefits Survey
- Free Tech Benefits Survey report every 2 years.
- Participate in the tech industry Benefits Buying Plan with other members. By pooling our premiums together, member companies are saving significant amounts of money! Plans are unique to your organization in terms of experience ratios and plan design.
- Receive a full array of retirement services for your employees through HR Tech Group's Retirement Program Advantage
- Access valuable benefits consulting services provided by HUB International, our tech industry experts.
You can learn more about our member benefits program with HUB International here.
Access to 500+ HR Professionals in the Tech Sector
- Networking opportunities with hundreds of peers who are also managing people and culture teams within Canadian tech companies
- Collaborate, learn and share information with peers who are driving HR practices at nimble growth stage companies and award-winning anchor tech companies
- Instant access to peer group collaboration through our members-only Slack channels.
Access to Tools and Resources
Stay current on hot HR topics for tech companies:
- Custom mini-surveys – consult our custom survey databank of competitive tech industry employment practices (e.g. vacation, overtime, equity, co-op/intern compensation) or work with us to create a custom survey to get the data you need when you need it.
- Weekly newsletters with links to news, articles, events, best practices for HR in tech and more
- Events for HR practitioners in the tech industry (qualifying for CPHR credits) – recent topics have included “Benchmarking Diversity”, “Mental Health Strategies”, “Design Thinking”, “Creating Thriving Teams”, “Compensation Analysis”, “Immigration Pathways to Hiring Global Talent” among others.
- Special Interest Groups and Roundtables– participate in smaller working groups with other HR professionals from local companies (e.g. Recruitment, Diversity Equity & Inclusion, Senior Practitioner, and Emerging Practitioner SIGs).
- HR Job Posting Board – Post your HR openings to our member job board.
- Mentorship program – become a mentor and give back to your community, or be a mentee and learn from senior HR practitioners in tech.
- Leadership Development Programs and Conferences – Members save on registration costs for leadership development programs and for our conference, Tech Talent North.
“The HR Tech Group truly champions the needs of our industry. Whether through professional development opportunities, knowledge sharing, or valuable resources at our fingertips, HR Tech Group strives to keep its members at the forefront of the industry."
– Natasha Gordon, Senior Director, Human Resources – Ntirety