What are the Benefits of Membership?
Access and participation in the BC Tech Salary Survey
- The leading BC Tech Salary Survey for more than 20 years with 130+ BC tech companies participating.
- The 2020 survey has expanded into Alberta and will include Alberta Tech Salary data.
- The survey is produced in partnership with Mercer and the survey questionnaire is completed in May and June by members, with results available in early September.
- Participant rate is only $1,175 CAN ($850 CAN for Regional Members), which is a 50%+ savings from the retail price of $2,395 CAN.
- More than 200 positions are reported (from CEO to Cloud Ops Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, CFX Artist and Customer Success Manager) in the following tech subsectors: IT, digital media and gaming, visual FX / animation, wireless, alternative energy and life sciences.
Benefits Buying Plan and Benefits Survey
- Free Tech Benefits Survey report every 2 years.
- Participate in the tech industry benefits buying-plan with other members. By pooling our premiums together, member companies are saving significant amounts of money! Plans are unique to your organization in terms of experience ratios and plan design.
- Access valuable benefits consulting services provided by HUB International, our tech industry experts.
You can learn more about our member benefits program with HUB International here.
Access to Tools and Resources
Stay current on hot HR topics for tech companies:
- Mini-surveys – consult our custom survey databank of competitive employment practices in the BC tech industry (vacation, overtime, benefits, etc.)
- Weekly newsletters with links to news, articles, best practices for HR in tech
- Events for HR practitioners in the tech industry (qualifying for CPHR credits) – topics have included “Building the HR Business Case”, “Talent Planning”, “Design Thinking”; “Creating Thriving Teams”, “Compensation Analysis”, “Immigration Pathways to Hiring Global Talent”
- Networking opportunities with other HR professionals at tech companies.
- Special Interest Groups and Roundtables – participate in smaller working groups with other HR professionals from local companies (e.g. Recruitment, HR Generalist, and Emerging Practitioner SIGs).
- HR Job Posting Board – Post your HR openings to our member only job board.
- Mentorship program – become a mentor and give back to your community, or be a mentee and learn from senior HR practitioners in tech.
- Conferences – Tech Talent Conference is a one-day conference on best employee practices for tech companies – held every other year – the next one is in 2021. Members save on the conference fees.
“The HR Tech Group truly champions the needs of our industry. Whether through professional development opportunities, knowledge sharing, or valuable resources at our fingertips, HR Tech Group strives to keep its members at the forefront of the industry.
– Natasha Gordon, Senior Director, Human Resources – Ntirety
Note: Our members are currently spread throughout BC and Alberta, with the largest groupings being in the Greater Vancouver and Victoria areas. If your company is located outside of BC or Alberta, please contact us to discuss member benefits.