What is the Tech Salary Survey?
Imagine having access to the critical compensation data you need, gathered from relevant tech companies in your sector, giving you a clear picture of local salaries, total compensation, policy data, and more. That is our Tech Salary Survey!
Keep reading to learn more!
Our group, in partnership with Mercer, releases the annual BC Tech Salary Survey in early September each year.
For more than 20 years this survey has been the definitive resource for the Tech sector in BC, setting a new standard and providing value for our members. The survey also benefits the whole tech industry as non-member companies can access it as well.
We are excited to announce that starting in 2020, the survey will include data for both BC and Alberta!
Our current survey includes data on more than 20,300 incumbents, provided by 134 organizations. While the current survey is based primarily in BC, the data is relevant for all Canadian High-Tech markets, with several national and international organizations participating.
- ICT / Clean Tech / Wireless/ Life Sciences – software system engineers, engineers, QA & Testing, multiple production jobs, hardware engineers, application development, product managers, web designers, software support, big data developers, data scientists and more!
- VFX & Animation / Digital Media- animators, visual effects (lighting, technical, etc); modeling, 2D/3D Concept artists, compositors, front end /UI Artists, game designers, producers, programmers, level designers, audio designers, art directors and more!
- Multiple jobs in Sales, Marketing & Communication, Finance, Human Resources, & Legal
- Data can be sorted and viewed by tech sector, size of business, annual revenue and number of employees.
The survey price for non-participants is $2,395 CAN (plus GST). If you would like to become a member of our group and save 50% or more off this report, please visit our Member Benefits page here to learn more about the Association and complete your Application for Membership here.
To view who participated in our current Tech Salary Survey click here!
- Data on over 190 positions analyzed by size, type of organization, and sub industry.
- Employment practices like salary forecasts, overtime, perks and benefits, vacation, paid time off and more.
- Incumbent – weighted and company – weighted statistics for all cash compensation results.
- Comprehensive statistics, including upper and lower decile, quartile, median and average.
- Details on short and long – term incentive awards.
- And this year we have added new tech positions as well as attraction and retention metrics.
Click here to download a graphical summary of the current survey, the participant list, a sample output and the table of contents of the HR Policy Survey.