We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished together and we’ve dedicated this space to share it with you!
Eight people took a risk on working together, to collaborate and lead. That is how we got started, and over almost three decades, it has been that tech industry spirit of collaboration and ‘roll-up-your-sleeves action’ that has gotten us collectively to where we are today. We are very thankful to all of our members, volunteers and partners, past and present. This group has impacted change and enabled tech industry growth because of you.
Here’s a timeline of our accomplishments and milestones as a group:
- Our group was founded in 1992, with 8 HR professionals at 8 tech companies coming together to form what was called the Compensation Exchange Group.
- In 1994 we launched the BC Tech Salary Survey.
- Four years after our formation,35 companies were part of our group and we changed our name to the “High Tech Exchange Group” to better reflect our expanded mandate of sharing progressive HR practices.
- In 1998 we were 45 companies and we were advocating for the tech industry in BC.
- In 2000 we created the BC Employment Standards Act definition for “High Tech Professional”.
- In 2002 we held our 1stTech Talent Conference and we launched our Group Benefits Buying Plan.
- By 2006 we became an association named “HR Tech Group”.
- Because we were growing, by 2011 we added new networking programs for our members.
- By 2015 we were already 130 companies and we launched a recruitment campaign with the BC Government.
- In 2017 we produced a report on diversity and inclusion in the BC Tech Sector.
- In 2019 we held our 8th Tech Talent Conference and launched a large multi-year Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Project for the tech industry.
- In 2020 we expanded our support to Alberta’s tech sector and welcomed our first Alberta members. We also launched our first Diversity in Tech Dashboard, measuring the diversity of BC's tech sector.