Inclusive Change Agent Program:
Developing inclusive and diverse workplaces
HR and organizational leaders with an interest in fostering diversity and inclusion practices within their tech organization are invited to participate in our Inclusive Change Agent Program.
This program is a part of HR Tech Group’s Diversity and Inclusion Tech Project to increase the attraction, retention and advancement of women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people of colour, newcomers to Canada, and individuals who identify as LGBTQ/2S in addition to all under-represented groups in skilled occupations in B.C.’s technology sector. The learning outcomes for this 3-day program (spread over 2 months) are:
Learning Outcomes (subject to minor modifications):
- Identify your underlying beliefs, areas of privilege and personal bias
- Articulate a compelling story for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Facilitate organizational dialogue on DEI concepts, psychological safety and microaggressions
- Apply communication techniques that open dialogue and shift perspectives
- Identify how beliefs, privilege and personal bias underpin organizational systems such as attraction, recruitment and development and what to do about them
- Identify the forces for and the forces against DEI within your own organization
- Design a systematic approach to build diversity and inclusion best practices for your organization
- Access information and resources to be able to advocate for underrepresented groups
- Build a network to support and leverage tech sector learning
- Apply learning in practical ways between sessions
- 5+ years of experience in HR or other organizational leadership capacity
- Commitment to be present on all 3 days, along with 2 inter-sessional calls taking place between sessions (1 hour per call)
- Friday, April 30, 2021 (1 day)
- Thursday, May 27, 2021 (1 day)
- Tuesday, June 29th, 2021 (1 day)
The course will run virtually each day from 8:30am – 4:30pm
Inter-sessional Call Dates:
- Monday, May 10th (1 hour, between 9:00am and 4:30pm - time TBD)
- Tuesday, June 15th (1 hour, between 9:00am and 4:30pm - time TBD)
Course Location: Delivered virtually via Zoom
Refinery Leadership Development
Refinery gives clients the real feedback and the right tools they need to develop their leaders and inspire people to do great work.
We’re a highly skilled team with diverse, deep business and life experience. We share a natural curiosity, passion for our work, and a desire to develop our clients. We’re always learning, evolving and sharing.
*Once we have reached maximum capacity and this event is displayed as "sold out" please email email@example.com to be placed on a waitlist.