Inclusive Change Agent Program: Developing inclusive and diverse workplaces
*SOLD OUT. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waitlist.
HR and organizational leaders with an interest in fostering diversity and inclusion practises within their tech organization are invited to participate in our Inclusive Change Agent Program.
This program is a part of HR Tech Group’s Diversity and Inclusion Tech Project to increase the attraction, retention and advancement of women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, and individuals who identify as LGBTQ/2S in addition to all under-represented groups in skilled occupations in B.C.’s technology sector.
The learning outcomes for this 4-day program (spread over 4 months) are:
- Articulate a compelling story for diversity and inclusion.
- Facilitate organizational dialogue on psychological safety, areas of privilege and unconscious bias.
- Apply communication techniques that open dialogue and shift perspectives.
- Identify how beliefs, privilege and personal bias underpin organizational systems such as attraction, recruitment and development and what to do about them.
- Design a systematic approach to build diversity and inclusion best practices for your organization
- Access information and resources to be able to advocate for underrepresented groups
- Build a network to support and leverage tech sector learning
- Apply learning in practical ways between sessions.
- 5+ years of experience in HR or other organizational leadership capacity.
- Commitment to be present on all 4 days.
- Monday - Tuesday, Feb 10th - 11th, 2020 (2 days)
- Wednesday - April 1st, 2020 (1 day)
- Tuesday - April 28th, 2020 (1 day)
The course will run each day from 8:30am – 4:30pm
Microsoft Centre for Excellence, #700 - 725 Granville St, Vancouver, BC
Refinery Leadership Development
Refinery gives clients the real feedback and the right tools they need to develop their leaders and inspire people to do great work.
We’re a highly skilled team with diverse, deep business and life experience. We share a natural curiosity, passion for our work, and a desire to develop our clients. We’re always learning, evolving and sharing.
*Once we have reached maximum capacity and this event is displayed as "sold out" please email email@example.com to be placed on a waitlist.