Inclusive Leadership Program: Building a workplace where everyone has access and equal opportunity to succeed.
Leaders seeking to expand their awareness around diversity and inclusion in the workplace are invited to participate in our Inclusive Leadership Program. This program is targeted towards leaders open to challenging their own perspectives, and creating more productive and inclusive teams.
This program is a part of HR Tech Group’s Diversity and Inclusion Tech Project to increase the attraction, retention and advancement of women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, and individuals who identify as LGBTQ/2S in addition to all under-represented groups in skilled occupations in B.C.’s technology sector.
The learning outcomes for this 4-day program (spread over 4 months) are:
- Describe the competitive advantage and value of diversity & inclusion for your organization.
- Identify your underlying beliefs, areas of privilege and personal bias.
- Explain the societal and organizational barriers for women, Indigenous individuals, people living with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups such as immigrants, and members of the LGBTQ+/2s community.
- Apply communication tools that open dialogue and shift perspectives.
- Commit to and practice inclusive leadership behaviours such as empathy, effective listening, accountable curiosity and acknowledgement.
- Identify opportunities to set the conditions for an inclusive environment.
- Search out ways to advocate for underrepresented groups by noticing and reducing bias in organizational systems such as attracting, recruiting, and developing staff.
- Commitment to be present on all 4 days.
- Wednesday - Thursday, Jan 29th - 30th, 2020 (2 days)
- Friday, Mar 13th, 2020 (1 day)
- Wednesday, Apr 8th, 2020 (1 day)
The course will run each day from 8:30am – 4:30pm
Microsoft Centre for Excellence, #700 - 725 Granville St, Vancouver, BC
Refinery Leadership Development
Refinery gives clients the real feedback and the right tools they need to develop their leaders and inspire people to do great work.
We’re a highly skilled team with diverse, deep business and life experience. We share a natural curiosity, passion for our work, and a desire to develop our clients. We’re always learning, evolving and sharing.
*Once we have reached maximum capacity and this event is displayed as "sold out" please email email@example.com to be placed on a waitlist.